WHERE TO APPLY FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE IN MICHIGAN
DESCRIPTION: You can also use a valid passport if you do not have a certified copy of your birth certificate, but note that you will need to provide the full names of both parents and the state or country in which they were born. A certified copy of a marriage license is necessary for many purposes, including changing names, medical insurance, property, benefits, etc. This means that you have 33 days after applying for the license to use it, or you will have to apply again. Can you get married without a ceremony?
How to Apply for a Marriage License in Michigan: 7 Steps
Please enable scripts and reload this page. Bring all of your supporting documentation.
- If you are a Michigan resident meaning you have a valid driver's license or state I.
- A marriage can be solemnized by a district court judge in Michigan, a district court magistrate in Michigan, a municipal judge in Michigan, a judge of probate in Michigan, a federal judge, a mayor in the county, a county clerk, or a minister of the gospel or cleric or religious practitioner in Michigan.
- This is where you will submit your marriage application.
- The part marked "duplicate" is given to the newlyweds, and the original must be submitted to the county clerk that issued it within 10 days. Not Helpful 2 Helpful 4.
- NC Nevii Cain Jun 6, If you or your fiance are Michigan residents, you must apply in a county where one of you resides.
For Michigan residents, the license is good throughout the state and you do not need to marry in the county that issued your license. Not Helpful 4 Helpful 8. Can I get married when one of us is not a resident and cannot get a social security number? Social Security numbers of both parties. The license is valid for 33 days. Some offices will only accept cash payments. You both must also provide certain information in order to receive their marriage license. This is for genealogy purposes and to keep an accurate paper trail.
If you are divorced within the last 6 months, you will need to bring proof of the divorce that Michigqn be left with the Clerk. If presenting a personal check, the check must be drawn on a Genesee County bank, the person signing the check must be present and must provide valid photo ID. This means that you have 33 days after applying for the license to use it, or Micigan will have to apply again.
Apr 09, · Michigan marriage license fee is $ U.S. Marriage Laws. State Laws; Fees; You must be 18 years of age to apply for a marriage application in vhdkino.ruon: New York, , NY. Marriage License Application. One applicant must apply in person or online. Marriage License Online Application: License may be used in any county in Michigan. What do I need to do to get married in Michigan? Besides all the planning that goes into your wedding, you will also need to obtain a marriage license .
Applying to get Married Michigan State Law dictates that in order to get married, application must be made in advance. Not Helpful 2 Helpful 9.
If it is the intent parties to be married by a judge or magistrate, a contact list including court address and phone information may be obtained in our office at the time of application or at the following link: Confirm that you and your partner are eligible to marry one another.
- Genesee County Clerk's Office
- Therefore, application MUST be made more than three days prior to the date of the marriage ceremony. This means that you have 33 days after applying for the license to use it, or you will have to apply again.
- What is needed to file the application?
This is for genealogy purposes and to keep an accurate paper trail. This is where you will submit your marriage application. Some offices will only accept cash payments. Not Helpful 0 Helpful 0.
Answer this question Flag as A Anonymous Apr 24, Application forms are available at our office or by downloading the form. Already answered Not a question Bad question Other. This gives the officiate time to properly file the license and for our office to get it entered into the database system. Not Helpful 1 Helpful 7.
It depends on the county in which you reside. Do You Like This Content? Not Helpful 1 Helpful 7. The whole marriage thing can be a wee bit confusing, but this really cleared those questions up. In some counties you can.